To maximize classroom engagement with the Our Minnesota Community activity book and take the learning even further, an extensive educator guide has been created to walk teachers through the curriculum components of the activity book.
Aligned with Minnesota Academic Standards, the guide:
- brings together a cultural snapshot of the heritage background’s history in Minnesota.
- highlights key vocabulary words for further learning.
- alerts educators to potentially sensitive topics, and offers suggestions for navigating effective conversation.
- links to companion short videos of the fetured Minnesotans to enhance the connection with the real people featured in the book.
- suggests extension activities that will extend and deepen student understanding.
- offers additional resources for educators.
If you are interested in the educator guide, please contact us and we will be in touch with you as soon as the guide is available.